December 7, 2011

WARNING

Are you planning to give accessories for Christmas? Think again! We are all (specially me) guilty of buying cute accessories like necklaces and rings in bazaars, Divisoria or Quiapo for a cheap price. Who wouldn't want an awesome looking accessories for a cheaper price compared to accessories from Forever21 that costs 4x as much as the ones in Divisoria. So what am I really trying to say? Well, I saw this episode of Failon Ngayon last Saturday and it is about the chemical LEAD that is present in most products we normally use. And I really got shocked on how high the Lead count for a necklace that's from tiangge is! I wonder if accessories from Forever21, Topman or Aldo have Lead too.

(Apparently, the site that has a copy of the episode won't play the videos anymore. If you know any site with the Failon Ngayon Dec 3 episode, please share it to me so i can put it here!)

Nakakastress di ba? or am I just being paranoid? hahaha! I am a certified accessory lover and I can't have a complete outfit without one! Huhu! Looks like I will be avoiding wearing these:


"In children, lead is most damaging when they are six years and younger. Children are growing at a very fast rate - growing bones, developing stronger muscles and creating many connections in their brain. When lead instead of essential nutrients is "available" to the body to make bones, muscle, and brain connections, permanent harm to health can occur. Even at low levels, lead can be harmful and be associated with:
  • Learning disabilities resulting in a decreased intelligence (decreased IQ)
  • Attention deficit disorder
  • Behavior issues
  • Nervous system damage
  • Speech and language impairment
  • Decreased muscle growth
  • Decreased bone growth
  • Kidney damage
High levels of lead are life threatening and can cause seizures, unconsciousness, and death.
Adults
Lead exposure is a concern for adults, even though they have finished growing. Since an adult's body is much larger than a child's body, more lead is needed to cause injury but the harm lead can do to an adult is very serious. High levels of lead can cause:
  • Increased chance of illness during pregnancy
  • Harm to a fetus, including brain damage or death
  • Fertility problems in both men and women
  • High blood pressure
  • Digestive issues
  • Nerve disorders
  • Memory and concentration problems
  • Muscle and joint pain'

Keep safe everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. Amazing blog ! You're cute , i love your rings , prefferring the robot ;) I join you , visit and join me if you like my blog...
    See you soon , Talim

    http://cherrycherryparis.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete